It is a good idea to attend an Open Day and request an informative interview before beginning the process, so that you can clear up any doubts you may have about the program and its suitability for your career.
The admissions process begins when you send your application, which you can do online. This allows us to get to know more about you.
Together with your online application, or later on via mail, you should send:
- Your results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), in case you haven´t taken the IESE test.
- Candidates must submit one of the following certificates for the purpose of assessing their English language skills:
Minimum score required: 95.
IESE EMBA code: 7237.
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) 4 Skills.
Minimum scores required: Listening & Reading: 850; Speaking: 150; Writing: 150.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Minimum score required: 6.5.
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) or above.
Minimum score required: C.
- PTE academic
Minimum score required: 68.
Candidates do not need to submit a certificate if:
– English is their mother tongue.
– All their university courses have been taught in English.
They can show they have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for at least two years running.
- Letter of support from your current employer, in which they refer to your intention to enroll in an Executive MBA.
- Two recommendation letters that vouch for your suitability to join the program.
- Degree and academic experience including grades. Later on you will need to provide IESE with the original copies.
- Photocopy of your national ID document or passport.
- Passport-sized photograph of you.
- Receipt of payment of the application fee (€145) and, where applicable, the fee for IESE’s test (€145).
2. ADMISSIONS TESTS
The admissions tests for the IESE Executive MBA are designed to determine whether you have the skills that would allow you to gain the maximum benefit from the program.
You can choose from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or IESE Test. You must also prove your command of English (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced English or higher, PTE Academic).
To prepare for the test in Barcelona we highly recommend the center Técnicas Lingüísticas Aplicadas.
They also offer online courses.
The IESE Test is a knowledge test that measures basic math skills, verbal reasoning and analytical writing. Similar to the GMAT, the test is conducted in Spanish, and takes place at the IESE campus, with a questionnaire based on multiple-choice questions.
Both the mathematical and verbal elements of the test require prior preparation. IESE’s test does not have its own specific preparatory material, but the GMAT’s preparatory material addresses very similar content.
The IESE test has a fee of €145. If you choose this test instead of the GMAT, you must send your online application form at least one week prior to your test date.
|Next IESE Tests|
|February 20, 2017||4:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|February 20, 2017||4:00 pm||Barcelona||Register|
|March 11, 2017||10:00 am||Madrid||Register|
|March 20, 2017||4:00 pm||Barcelona||Register|
|March 25, 2017||10:00 am||Madrid||Register|
|April 3, 2017||4:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|April 21, 2017||3:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|April 24, 2017||4:00 pm||Barcelona||Register|
|May 8, 2017||4:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|May 20, 2017||10:00 am||Madrid||Register|
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
The results of your GMAT should be sent directly to IESE by Educational Testing Service (ETS). The code for the Executive MBA in Madrid is S21-G2-71 and the code for the Executive MBA in Barcelona is S21-G2-35. The results of any GMAT carried out more than 5 years ago will be considered expired, and therefore will not be accepted.
For more information about the GMAT:
3. ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW
Once you have made your application and you have passed the admissions tests/requirements, you will attend a personal interview in which one of our program managers will evaluate the suitability of your profile to enroll in the program.
4. ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE
The Admissions Committee will evaluate all aspects of your application and make a decision that will be communicated to you by letter or e-mail.