It is a good idea to attend an Open Day and request an informative interview before beginning the process, so that you can clear up any doubts you may have about the program and its suitability for your career.
The admissions process begins when you send your application, which you can do online. This allows us to get to know more about you.
Together with your online application, or later on via mail, you should send:
- Your results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Executive Assessment (EA), in case you haven´t taken the IESE test.
- Candidates must submit one of the following certificates for the purpose of assessing their English language skills:English Certificates
Minimum score required: 95.
IESE EMBA code: 7237.
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) 4 Skills.
Minimum scores required: Listening & Reading: 850; Speaking: 150; Writing: 150.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Minimum score required: 6.5.
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) or above.
Minimum score required: C.
- PTE academic
Minimum score required: 68.
Candidates do not need to submit a certificate if:
– English is their mother tongue.
– All their university courses have been taught in English.
– They can show they have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for at least two years running.
- Letter of support from your current employer, in which they refer to your intention to enroll in an Executive MBA.
- Two recommendation letters that vouch for your suitability to join the program.
- Degree and academic experience including grades. Later on you will need to provide IESE with the original copies.
- Photocopy of your national ID document or passport.
- Passport-sized photograph of you.
- Receipt of payment of the application fee (€145) and, where applicable, the fee for IESE’s test (€145).
2. ADMISSIONS TESTS
The admissions tests for the IESE Executive MBA are designed to determine whether you have the skills that would allow you to gain the maximum benefit from the program.
You can choose from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), IESE exam or Executive Assessment (EA).
The IESE Test is a knowledge test that measures basic math skills, verbal reasoning and analytical writing. Similar to the GMAT, the test is conducted in Spanish, and takes place at the IESE campus, with a questionnaire based on multiple-choice questions.
Both the mathematical and verbal elements of the test require prior preparation. IESE’s test does not have its own specific preparatory material, but the GMAT’s preparatory material addresses very similar content.
The IESE test has a fee of €145. If you choose this test instead of the GMAT, you must send your online application form at least one week prior to your test date.
|Next IESE Tests|
|March 25, 2017||10:00 am||Madrid||Register|
|April 3, 2017||4:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|April 21, 2017||3:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|April 24, 2017||4:00 pm||Barcelona||Register|
|May 8, 2017||4:00 pm||Madrid||Register|
|May 20, 2017||10:00 am||Madrid||Register|
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
The results of the GMAT should be sent directly to IESE by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). You will be able to select the IESE Executive MBA as a recipient of your official GMAT score report before taking the exam. The code for the Executive MBA in Madrid is S21-G2-71 and the code for the Executive MBA in Barcelona is S21-G2-35
For more information about the GMAT:
Executive Assessment (EA)
The results of the EA should be sent directly to IESE by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). You will be able to select the IESE Executive MBA as a recipient of your official EA score report before taking the exam. The code for the Executive MBA in Madrid is S21-G2-71 and the code for the Executive MBA in Barcelona is S21-G2-35.
For more information about the EA:
3. ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW
Once you have made your application and you have passed the admissions tests/requirements, you will attend a personal interview in which one of our program managers will evaluate the suitability of your profile to enroll in the program.
4. ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE
The Admissions Committee will evaluate all aspects of your application and make a decision that will be communicated to you by letter or e-mail.