Fourth term, September-December
General management decision-making
Course objective: to reflect on decision-making from a general-management point of view.
- Establishing a model to address general management issues.
- Studying parameters that determine the quality of an organization in terms of how corporate decisions are made.
- Learning to make a triple evaluation of the consequences of a decision (economic and non-economic).
Course objective: to know the factors to consider when making decisions in companies with diversified business portfolios.
- Analyzing factors related to strategy, management, ownership and control of a company; the interrelationship between these factors and their evolution over time.
- Identifying the various options that companies can engage to achieve sustainable, profitable growth.
- Examining problems associated with implementing different growth strategies.
Trabajo fin de máster: compitiendo desde las operaciones
Course objective: to study how general management can achieve competitive advantages through operations.
- Going deeper into the role operations plays in an organization’s long-term competitive strategy.
- Analyzing the general structure of operations and its components, both in service-oriented companies and in industrial firms.
- Studying a conceptual framework based on three pillars: the mission of a company, the structure of its operations and customers’ perception of its mission.
Course objective: gain a thorough understanding of the interdependence between business and economic policy in a global environment.
- Studying the role of monetary policy, exchange rates and interest rates on world markets, capital flows, the European Monetary System, etc.
- Analyzing the causes and consequences of international trade.
- Looking into the reasons that lead countries to restrict or regulate international trade and the effects of these policies on economic welfare.
Fifth term, January-April
Course aim: to train in the art of effective public speaking.
- Introducing persuasion theory and its application in different situations: speeches, presentations and relationships.
- Learning the four steps for good communication: having something to communicate, communicating well, understanding the audience and communicating with the right intensity.
- Appreciating the nonverbal aspects necessary for effective communication.
Course objective: to identify the keys of the leadership development process and, in particular, the essential role of self-leadership.
- Reflecting on the leadership process in the context of a changing and multicultural society.
- Introducing a tool that assesses three critical factors simultaneously for effective leadership development: the nature of the business, how it fits your personal profile, and stakeholder management.
- Exploring the fundamentals of individual excellence and the keys to a successful career.
Managing small and medium enterprises
Course aim: to apply the concepts learned in the context of small and medium enterprises.
- Deepening your understanding of SMEs: accounting and financial aspects, business models and value creation, the relation between family (owners) and company, and the need for dynamism and initiative.
- Introducing the legal framework to understand how to manage crises, including key aspects of restructurings.
- Analyzing the most common constraints in the implementation of action plans in SMEs.
Course objective: to understand how organizations can boost their digital know-how and turn this into a competitive advantage.
- Going deeper into four digital “drivers” as engines of change: the cloud, social networks, mobility and Big Data.
- Studying the impact on business of these digital “drivers”.
- Encouraging the development of new management capabilities to recognize opportunities and threats in the digital world, to be able to proactively manage these and maximize business value.
Course objective: to learn and improve negotiating skills.
- Getting to know specific principles and concepts for effective negotiations.
- Practicing negotiation skills and reflecting on your personal style and the impact it has on others.
- Boosting your negotiating skills, both in collaborative and competitive situations, increasing your level of awareness about the negotiation process.