“Since our foundation in 1958, IESE Business School is committed to the development of leaders who aspire to have a lasting impact on people, firms and society through their professionalism, integrity and spirit of service”
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology
EMBA MUNICH PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Every 3 weeks
afternoon, Friday and Saturday morning)
Munich, New York, Shanghai, Barcelona & Sâo Paulo
|Round September 2020||Application Deadline||Decision Released|
|Early Round||September 20, 2019||October 16, 2019||Overdue|
|R1||October 29, 2019||November 25, 2019||Apply Now|
|R2||December 12, 2019||January 9, 2020||Apply Now|
|R3||February 25, 2020||March 20, 2020||Apply Now|
|R4||April 14, 2020||May 11, 2020||Apply Now|
- During the 18 months of the Executive MBA, you will tackle more than 300 real-life business cases that place you in the heart of senior management decision-making. Supported by your own knowledge as well as the experience of your fellow students, you’ll be asked to share your views and defend your ideas, all with a common aim: to make a decision. The case method prepares you for that critical moment in your career when you are asked: “what will you do?”.
- IESE has one of the finest business faculties in the world today. Our professors hold their PhDs from the most renowned universities on the globe and are present on many Company Boards while their research is being published in the most referenced of academic publications.
This allows them great relevance and rigor in their teaching role that is central to their mission ensuring that each session is a step further in the students professional progression.
Meet our faculty
- IESE’s programs are forums where you can share knowledge, experiences and ideas with other leading professionals from a diversity of sectors and organizations. Broaden your vision of management with new perspectives. Re-think your point of view.
- Throughout the Executive MBA, you will have a personal mentor at your disposal to help you get the most out of the program. In addition to our professors and program managers, your mentor will provide you with regular feedback and give you advice on your career path and everything else you need to do to get the best out of yourself.
Designed for high-potential managers, executives and entrepreneurs who want to boost their careers, the Executive MBA delivers a highly intense and personally transformative experience that maximizes student’s leadership, decision-making and entrepreneurial capabilities to enhance their personal development and prepare them for any challenge they will face in their careers.
The Executive MBA will sharpen your decision-making skills and equip you with the requisite skills to lead in complex and changing environments.
6 INTENSIVE WEEKS
In the second year of the program, you’ll be able to choose three “intensive week” experiences. Options include international treks in Shanghai, São Paulo and New York, the Executive-Management Simulation Program (EXSIM) and area-specific elective weeks. These demanding hands-on experiences enable you to tailor your learning experience and put theory into practice.
SIMULATION OF EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
An opportunity to apply everything you’ve learned during the first year of the Executive MBA. Over an exciting and intense week, you’ll enhance your strategic thinking by analyzing real-life business situations and defend your recommendations before a board of directors comprised by professors and industry expert.
Elective modules allow you to enhance your knowledge of core business areas in alignment with your professional priorities.
- Digital Marketing
- Design Thinking
- Social Entrepreneurship
IN COMPANY PROJECT
- Development of a Social Collaboration Strategy
- Identifying and Creating New Markets
- Increasing Production Efficiency of a Plant
- Analysis of a Management Cost System
- Development of a Product Launch Strategy
Phases of the project:
1. Proposal and definition
2. Planning and completion
3. Evaluation and showcase
“We live in an age of permanent change. Fundamental to being successful in taking on future and even present needs of society, is the ability to question what is the accepted norm and the creativity to shape future business models that will make a difference.”
Jeroen MerchiersJEROEN MERCHIERS, EMBA09
Managing Director - Europe, Middle East and Africa at Airbnb
“The Executive MBA is the best combination for personal growth and the development of management skills. It has made me overhaul my business methods, my management style, and my company understanding. Above all, it has changedmy perspective of the world.”
Camila FerreiraCamila Ferreira, EMBA 14
Director of Operations for Latin America at Groupon
“For me, a physical challenge such as 30 of trail running in Mont Blanc is a metaphor for life. One minute you feel invincible and the next minute you are struggling to breathe. Determination is what makes the difference the desire to move forward and finish the event. I think any activity should be performed with this passion, whether it's running or participating in the Executive MBA.”
Rorger OlivetRober Olivet, EMBA 16